Experience the thrill of learning from some of the best fiddle players at the 1st Annual Bow on the River Fiddle Camp from July 17 to 20, 2023. Led by Gordon Stobbe, J.J. Guy, and Jennie Bice, this four-day event offers daily instruction and jam sessions for kids, youth, and adults with at least one year of fiddle experience. As part of the package, you’ll also get to attend the community dance, the instructor concert, and the Mission Folk Music Festival, where you’ll have a chance to perform on the day stage. Join the fun and register now for $250 +GST.
The 1st Annual Bow on the River Fiddle Camp will be held at St. Andrews United Church in Mission, British Columbia. As part of this partnership, a day stage will feature students of the camp during the Folk Festival on Saturday, July 22 at the 36th Annual Mission Folk Music Festival at Fraser River Heritage Park.
A dynamic trio of outstanding fiddle instructors including J.J. Guy, Gordon Stobbe, and Jennie Bice will host daily instruction and jam sessions from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily for kids, youth, and adults with a minimum of one-year fiddle experience. Instruction will be mainly by ear; sheet music available after the camp.
- 4 days of fiddle instruction + jam sessions
- Entrance to the community dance on Monday, July 17
- Instructor concert at Twilight Concert Series at Fraser River Heritage Park – Wednesday, July 19
- Inclusion at day stage feature performance at Mission Folk Music Festival
- Saturday Day Pass to the Mission Folk Music Festival